zombi plants & juicy eyeballs

zombi plants & juicy eyeballs
fun zombi art print by melanie dann

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fairy Mushroom cake kids birthday decoration idea

Great for kids birthday party's or perfect for a teddy bears picnic in the woods.

Fairy Mushroom Cake Decoration, because life is sweet!


To make this cake i used my basic cake mix that never fails. 100g of butter, self-raising flour & sugar. 2 eggs, a splash of milk & teaspoon of baking powder. Just how my mum used to make. I added half a chopped apple & a pinch of cinermon because i like it. I used two baking bowls. The first was for the mushroom stem & the other a oval shape for the mushroom head. I use baking paper so it doesn't stick. Remember the stem will take less time to bake because its a lot smaller.
Once your cake has baked & cooled you can position it into the mushroom shape

Next step is to ice it. I used ready to roll icing so you just need a rolling pin & icing sugar so it doesn't stick. I used chocolate spread over the cake or you can use jam, this is so your icing sticks to the cake & adds to the yummy flavour  .You only need a thin layer. Now you are ready to add the details so you will need red food colouring & a paint brush.

Paint the whole top section of the cake red, add a few icing circles to the mushroom head & strips of icing to the mushroom neck. I also cut some green card to make grass sides. I just inserted them into the cake for decoration.


I added a little fairy door which was just painted on with chocolate spread & a red sweet door knob. I used the same red sweets around the mushroom head as a trim & a few green ones near the door. Add some fresh strawberrys for decoration, they really make the red colours from the cake pop. ( the little sweets i used can be found in most supermarkets in the cake decorating section called ''Blackwood Lane rainbow chic chips" 
                                                               xxHappy Baking xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi feel free to share your ideas, the more creative the better xx