RAINBOW CLOUD WITH HAPPY MUSHROOM WALL HANGING OR MOBILE TUTORIAL <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3756015/the-busy-spider-handmade-craft-art-ide?claim=xtyeymj77ev">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
I now have a shop on zazzle http://www.zazzle.com.au/busyspider* or redbubble www.redbubble.com/people/melaniedann
This is a very simple effective way to add interest and colour to a kids bedroom in a fun way. You can use this as a wall hanging or above a cot and it is very easy to make with it being hand sown.
You will need:
- Needle, scissors & thread, I used a cream thread because i wanted the stitch to show
- Felt Fabric in blue, red & cream. You can buy A4 sheets from Lincraft or a craft store
- Stuffing to pad out the felt giving a 3.D effect
- Rainbow ribbon thread or multicolour ribbon
- cream ribbon for the mobile to hang from
Get your scissors, different colours of felt sheets & your ribbon ready.
- You will need to cut out all of your shapes & lengths of ribbon so everything is ready for you to sow together later.
- You will need two clouds the same shape in blue
- Three mushroom heads front & back red
- three mushroom stalks front & back in cream
- two lots of cloud faces (two eyes & mouth) in cream
- six lots of mushroom faces (eyes & mouth) in cream
- A small length of cream ribbon to allow it to hang
- 3 bits of rainbow ribbon different lenghts which are for your mushrooms to dangle from
When cutting out the shapes remember you will need two of everything exsept the ribbon lenghts because you will be sowing them together like a sandwich and stuffing them to get the 3.D effect
I have laid everything out for you to see below. Now it is all there for you to sow.
Sow the face to each mushroom cutout and the same with the cloud to add a bit of humour xx It is easyer to do this before you stuff them because you are working with a flat sheet of felt.
Now you are going to sow and stuff, start with your mushroom stalks. Sow around the edge using a playful chunky stitch with the cream thread.
|When you reach the top sandwich the stalk inbetween the red mushroom heads and carry on stiching round the edge of the mushroom head you have just added|
|Don't forget to attach you cream ribbon to the top of the cloud|
there you have it a very cute little creation